Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All because two people fell in love...

So today marks a milestone in my parents' life and be proxy, mine as well.

Today my parents have been married 37 years.  I know this is not some milestone anniversary but it's an anniversary none the less.  I still look at my parents and am amazed to see how well they've fared these past 37 years.  Don't get me wrong, they are the first to admit it's not always been easy but over all my parents are still very much in love and make each other laugh on a daily basis.  (Just last night my dad almost made my mom wet herself from laughing so hard.)  In a day and age when marriages seem almost disposable, I feel so blessed to have two parents who not only love one another but actually like each other as well.  They are both quick to say they are one anther's best friend.  Really, what more can you ask for then to spend the rest of your days with your best friend?

Also, my dad told me many years ago something I found to be really meaningful and I carry it with me to this day.  When he and my mom got married, he never once thought about "what if...".  He knew he wanted to be with her and therefore that was it.  No questions asked.  No emergency hatch.  No escape route.  It seems like a simple idea but it truly says a lot about my parents and their commitment to one another. 

Had it not been for their love and commitment my sister would not be here, I would not be here, nor would any of my three neices. 

All because two people fell in love...



HAPPY ANIVERSARY MOM & DAD!
37 years and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment